RSVP This event is all-ages! :)
$5 (no one turned away for lacking money) | music 7pm sharp | over by 8pm
opener : Black Hole Kids
$2 PBR special at Crestwood Coffee Company/Cafe
This release show will celebrate the debut EP of Dès Vu, Anna Cuevas’ current music project. It will also be her last show in Birmingham before moving to Oakland in December. Of course she plans to play here again, but probably not for some time as she lets her journey take its course. Before leaving though, she looks forward to unveiling “Burn to Grow Greener" in her hometown first.
RSVP: Captain Kudzu “Arboretum” Album Release at Seasick Records
(This event is all-ages)
It’s finally here! Come celebrate the release of Captain Kudzu's new full length “Arboretum” out via Earth Libraries / Step Pepper Records. There will be music and beer and records and anything else your heart desires. Don’t miss out on this one friends!
Join us for our grand opening! We have all sorts of hijinks in store. Our doors open at 12 noon. The party starts at 8 PM.
• Shocks Playing their hits
• Live Music by DJ Sinkhole
• Art by Jonathan Brandon Sawyer
• Food by Tropicaleo
• Beer by TrimTab Brewing Company (21 +)
• We’re giving away Sanctum prize packages on the hour, every hour.
• Shocks appeared suddenly in Birmingham this summer and have been taking the town by storm. Their raucous punk blasts are a fitting soundtrack for a mischievous evening.
• In the spring of 2015, a larger crater manifested on Clairmont Ave. From it emerged DJ Sinkhole. He’ll be spinning records and facilitating your good time.
• Jonathan Brandon Sawyer has illustrated on Critical Hit, Imaginary Drugs, and Welcome Back (from BOOM! Studios). He’s currently working on the upcoming Gwar: Orgasmageddon mini-series. He’ll be on site drawing sketches upon request.
• Tropicaleo will be our neighbors soon and we couldn’t be more excited! They dish-up delicious Puerto Rican food that includes vegan options.
• TrimTab Brewing Company will be providing FREE beer for the 21+ crowd. Drink up while it lasts.
This is a free event! Come hang.
>>RSVP This event is all-ages:)
Support your local record store this holiday shopping season.
This year's Black Friday release list: http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases
Seasick Records will be carrying the majority of the special releases. They'll also have some awesome specials going on for the whole weekend.
RSVP >> This event is all-ages :)
Beautiful Bodies of Birmingham, a local body positive organization, is celebrating the release of their first zine, "Body Language."
Attendees will receive the zine after paying the $5 entry cover.
Beautiful Bodies will also have pre-order forms for t-shirts and bumper stickers for sale.
There will be performances from:
* JOELL Regal
* Boringham~ Neeta Burger's new solo project
* Richard Daniel
RSVP >> This show is not all-ages :(